A Coastal Location for Family Living
Blundell Hamlet is in the prestigious location of Hightown, served by the Metropolitan Borough of Sefton. This small rural village is only minutes from the coast, and may be accessed via meandering lanes through open fields or along the A565 coast road. Yet, only minutes away, the M58 links you to the M6, M60 and M62 for quick and easy commutes in every direction.
For all Hightown’s tranquillity, fresh sea air and pastoral peace, you’re still only eight miles from the City of Liverpool, and within easy reach of Formby, Ainsdale and the fashionable resort town of Southport.
A Nature Lover’s Paradise
The River Alt joins the sea at Hightown, as recorded in Nicholas Blundell’s Diaries (Volume 3, 1720) with the Northern part of Crosby Coastal Park touching the area at ‘Hightown Dunes and Meadows’.
With a submerged ancient forest, some 4,000 years old, revealed by the ebb tide, this is a nature lover’s paradise. Locally, moves are afoot to acquire nature reserve status for the myriad species you will encounter up close: from wading birds, peregrines, cormorants and merlins, to oystercatchers, knots and sanderlings, as well as myriad butterflies among the naturally occurring dune grasses and colourful wildflowers.
The local village green which is unusually triangular has its own colourful story to tell as local life congregates there.
It is part of the Chelmere commitment to build with respect for all the local heritage and wildlife, we’ve even rehomed sand lizards to ensure them a new safe natural habitat.
- Quality kitchen units with Quarts worktops.
- Kitchen Pelmet Lighting.
- One and a half bowl stainless steel sink.
- Neff Induction Electric or gas hob.
- Extractor hood.
- Neff Integrated Oven.
- Neff Integrated microwave oven.
- Neff Integrated fridge and freezer.
- Neff Integrated dishwasher.
- Choice of units
- Plumbing for a washing machine and dryer and single bowl sink to Marram house type.
As part of our bespoke service, we can offer you exclusive kitchen upgrades to include the finest Italian or German designs. If you prefer granite worktops, the latest designer taps or advanced Miele appliances, please just ask us and we will create and quote for the unique kitchen configuration you have in mind.
Bathroom / Ensuite & Cloaks
- Villeroy & Boch sanitary ware with quality Hansgrohe chrome fittings.
- Choice of Porcelanosa wall tiles. All walls to be fully tiled to bathroom and en suites and half tiles to cloak room. Floor tiles to kitchen / utility, bathroom and en suites.
- Aqualisa quarts digital shower to en suite.
- Modern style internal doors painted white with satin chrome furniture.
- Timber moulded skirting board painted white with satin chrome furniture.
- Quality turned balustrading and Ash handrails.
- Smooth skimmed ceilings with coving to sitting room, dining room, hall and landing.
- Walls and ceilings finished with emulsion paint.
- Internal woodwork finished with white gloss paint.
For bespoke options such as a choice of paint colours, styles of doors or woodwork, please let us know early and we will endeavour to finish your home exactly to your specification.
- Ample supply of power points throughout the house in brushed chrome.
- TV points to sitting room and master bedroom.
- External light to front and rear.
- Light and power to garage.
Extra electrical sockets may be installed on request to accommodate sound systems, computers or equipment you may wish to bring to your home.
Security & Safety
- Smoke detectors to all floors.
- Double glazed, security-locked windows.
- Five lever locks and bolts to front and rear doors.
- Burglar alarm system.
Heating & Hot Water
- Potterton gas fired high efficiency condensing boiler with pressurised hot water and heating system.
- Traditional class one chimney.
Insulation & Energy Efficiency
- Double glazed UPVC windows and french doors.
- Insulation to loft and ground floors.
- Fully insulated, energy efficient timber frame.
- Electronic water and heating control system.
- Thermostatic radiator valves.
- Dual zone heating controls.
We are happy to fit radiators to suit your floor plan for furniture and fittings. Please tell us early if you wish to reserve this option.
- Facing bricks and stone sills with flat profile clay roof tiles.
- Quality uPVC windows and french doors.
- Low maintenance gutters and fascias.
- Double garage with GRP sectional Hormann garage doors with remote opening option (price on application)
- 1.8m high close boarded timber perimeter fencing.
- Fully turfed and landscaped front gardens with turfed rear gardens.
- Block paved driveways.
- External tap.
- All properties are sold with the benifit of the NHBC build mark 10-year structual warranty.
- Subject to the stage of the build, a bespoke service may be available.
The Hightown district is served by three primary schools, three high schools and two academies. In Crosby, you also have the prestigious choice of Merchant Taylor’s Boys and Girls Schools and St. Mary’s Preparatory School and College, choices that rank among the top educational establishments in the country. Ormskirk’s Edge Hill University and Liverpool University also serve the area superbly.
All the essential amenities are here, such as a village doctor’s surgery, libraries, leisure centres and a local swimming pool.
A quiet rural village with just one pub, Hightown has its own railway station, opposite Blundell Hamlet, and links into the Northern Line serving Southport, Hunts Cross and Liverpool City Centre for the easiest commute.
As part of the estate of the Blundell family of Little Crosby, Hightown boasts several listed buildings including the monumental Cross, a local landmark. You have easy access to Blundellsands Sailing Club which celebrated its Centenary in 2007 and to lawn bowls, cricket, squash, tennis and junior football. Family walks are accessible in every direction, following the coast and River Alt estuary or into open fields and meadows. The National Trust also features a wonderful Red Squirrel nature walk to encounter this beautiful and rare species, and discover more about the coastal pinewoods and spectacular sea views of the area.
The private road leading from Lower Alt Road into Blundell Hamlet will be adopted as part of the woodland development for improved access befitting the site’s prestige. We have also gained special permission to construct a public footpath and cycle way linking Sefton coast to Hightown, enhancing your enjoyment of this special location.
Arrange a viewing
Request a brochure
Blundell Hamlet, ,
Download a brochure
Your request will be dealt with in the next 24 hours. If you would like any further information or wish to speak to someone regarding Chelemere Homes, please don’t hesistate to call us
9am - 4:30pm Monday - Friday